The protection of sensitive information from unauthorized disclosure is essential. For that purpose, a national programme should be established and maintained to protect classified and sensitive information from being compromised. In this session, we will discuss information protection strategies and the challenges of implementing a program to protect against the cyber threat. This session could include, but would not be limited to, the following topics:
- Protection of sensitive and/or classified information;
- Establishment and assessment of information security systems;
- Implementing a computer security programme;
- Transparency vs. confidentiality of information; and
- Challenges and solutions for sharing sensitive and/or classified information with licensees using, storing and transporting high risk radioactive sources and nuclear material.