The international community recognizes that managers and operators with security responsibilities need to be demonstrably competent. However, one of the major challenges is the lack of internationally recognized training and competency for personnel with security accountabilities. The session explores methods used to define and meet the needed competencies and capabilities in the field. This session could include, but would not be limited to, the following topics:
- Preparing the next generation of nuclear security professionals;
- Training and maintaining competency for nuclear security professionals;
- Succession planning and knowledge management;
- The role of educational institutions in nuclear security; and
- Regulatory approaches to training and sustaining capabilities.