Nuclear security interfaces with both safety and safeguards, which requires an ongoing evaluation to avoid conflicts and strengthen synergies. Therefore, taking into account that the interfaces between security/safety and security/safeguards are dealt with in a seamless and effective way, this session will discuss good practices for synergy among them. This session could include, but would not be limited to, the following topics:
- Security/safety interface in practice: lessons learned;
- Similarities and differences of safety and security;
- Integration of safety culture and security culture;
- Nuclear Material Accounting and Control (NMAC) for security and safeguards; and
- Enhancing the regulatory oversight programme based on safety and security synergy concepts.