Nuclear security programmes are developed to address events arising from daily security practices, to peaceful demonstrations, and to external assaults. This session discusses how national programmes have prepared for, or responded to, the continuum of security events faced by nuclear facilities or events associated with radioactive materials. This session could include, but would not be limited to, the following topics:
- Contingency planning to respond to nuclear security events;
- Nuclear security exercises to evaluate effectiveness;
- A national case study in responding to a nuclear security event;
- Nuclear forensics;
- International and regional cooperation to respond to a security event; and
- Interfaces between contingency planning and emergency planning.