A comprehensive regulatory framework for nuclear security takes into account national and international threats, and constantly evolving adversary tactics and capabilities. The adversaries may include insiders with access authority and knowledge, as well as external threats. This session could include, but would not be limited to, the following topics:
- Personnel trustworthiness and reliability;
- Mitigating the insider threat;
- Regulatory challenges to develop and implement human reliability programmes;
- Developing and implementing a threat statement or Design Basis Threat (DBT); and
- Capacity-building for threat assessment and DBT.