The process of planning and conducting an evaluation of the effectiveness of physical protection systems is one way to assess and make improvements in nuclear security framework. The session shows approaches used to evaluate the effectiveness of a nuclear security system. This session could include, but would not be limited to, the following topics:
- Regulatory approaches on physical protection design and evaluation tools;
- Best practices to assess the effectiveness of physical protection, including methodologies and techniques;
- Use of the graded approach in the evaluation of the security system;
- Developing and implementing performance evaluations;
- Verifying regulatory effectiveness through inspections; and
- Evaluating transport security effectiveness.